Monday, February 6, 2017

Hockney inspired photo manipulations

As I move into semester two, I am interested in continuing some landscape artwork I made during my artists' residency last summer. As a starting point, I ventured into Leazes Park, Newcastle, with just a digital camera (its cheaper to experiment on than film!) and was inspired by Hockney's photo collages. I took many photographs from slightly differing viewpoints which I could then collage together to make a fuller picture. 

taken on a sunny day. I love the accidental flare on the middle picture. I think I could work well with the colours shown in this collage


a wider view of the landscape, however this was taken on a cloudier day and the colours aren't as vibrant. I do however quite enjoy the slightly jarring feeling of how the trees appear to never end or begin


sadly taken on a very cloudy day, the beautiful yellows and reds did not show up with any vibrancy. However, the beauty of Photoshop allowed me to manipulate the colours to something more appealing for me to work from

No comments:

Post a Comment