Friday, November 24, 2017

Preparatory print-making

Working from a few snapshots, I decided to work from a limited palette - incredibly limited at just one colour! I want to work on improving my eye for tone.
Here are 4 monoprints on around A5 paper, looking at partially abstracting forms as well as singling out tone, whilst placing the figure believably in space.
I really enjoyed creating an atmospheric setting - I rolled ink onto copper plates, then rubbed and swiped away from tissue paper, pencils and cotton buds. I love some of the mark making debris left on the white patches.
The first two were done simply in ruby red etching ink, whilst the latter two are a mixture of red and yellow ochre to turn down the brightness.

Katie
Daddy

In my Room

In my Room II




No comments:

Post a Comment