Thursday, May 17, 2018

newest work - figurative abstraction


SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN UPDATES.
I have been absolutely inundated with work experience at Phaidon over Easter, various essays, friend's 21st's, and final assessments for 2nd year. But here it is! A whistle-stop tour of what I have been up to in the last 5 or so months. 
I began with an expressive painting workshop over two days, working intuitively with form and colour, which helped to alleviate how contrived my painting had become. It helped to initiate an entire new project which spanned the course of the next few months.


Acrylic on A2 paper

I began then actively helping myself to paint intuitively, working from photographs but only at a glance, giving myself 5 or 10 minutes to complete a painting, which then, as I am actively attempting to diminish and then fully erase my dependence on photography as a source, I will use the expressive forms in the preliminary sketches to influence my further pain



 All above: acrylic on A3 sketchbook, across double page.

A monochromatic abstracted figurative sketch in acrylic on a found apron.


More sketchbook pages. A5



No comments:

Post a Comment