Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Working on Personal Project One - jellyfish


I have decided to work on jellyfish for my first personal project at college.

I have chosen to look at this for several reasons, it fits well in the project brief of Light, Space and Movement, I love the colours of jellyfish and it also is well removed from my comfort zone of figurative painting.

Below is some of my preparation work, which includes painting, sculpture, monoprinting and drawing.

Abstract painting in acrylic of ripples of water, based on Susan Derges' photography and bearing resemblance to the work of Maggi Hambling

a Japanese illustration of the God of Fishermen for his relationship with sealife, including jellyfish


a jellyfish made from a bottle which I cut up, melted with a lighter then glued together with a glue gun


                                             







charcoal drawings looking at tone


looking at everyday things which bare resemblance to the aesthetic of jellyfish - curvature, wave, fluidity



No comments:

Post a Comment